Welcome to First Grade

Dear parents-

Welcome to the 2017/2018 school year. I am looking forward to working with you and your child. My goal is to make this a rewarding, challenging, exciting and fun school year. As an educator, it is my job to not only educate your child, but to also help your child become a lifelong learner. As a parent myself, I strive to educate your child as I would want my own children educated! To achieve this it is essential that we are partners in your child's education. It is also my belief that childhood is a journey, not a race. Keeping these things in mind we are certain to achieve our goals.

If you are like me I would want to know a little about my child’s first grade teacher. I grew up and attended college in Colorado. I taught pre-kindergarten for three years in Denver Colorado, where I also got my Early Childhood Degree. My husband, three boys and I moved to Idaho in 2006. I have spent the last nine years here.

I am very excited to be here and teaching first grade. Be assured that I will do my best to make this school year an enjoyable time for your child, but also a time filled with real learning. The skills we learn in first grade are the building blocks for your child’s future success in school and in life!  It is my personal goal to create a nurturing and stimulating environment to make your child's first grade year a great one!